Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week 17: Walking on Water

Ç'bona! Si jeni?

This week has been craaazy! B's brother, D, got baptized on Saturday which was really special. Also our stake president, Pres. Memma, came for institute and taught us an amazing lesson. Funny note... he was the national ping-pong champion back in his day. We conveniently had our ping pong table set up and ready to go for him when he came to the church. So Motra Henderson played a game against him. He'd do this special, crazy swing where he'd jump up and snap his arm back really fast to slam the ping pong ball. Unfortunately though my face was in the way as he did it.. so he elbowed me in the nose pretty good. But hey now I can say I took a hit to the face by a national ping pong champ!!

Something Kosovar: I've been surprised with how much I've had to defend my belief in Christ. Here barely anyone believes in him. I think the statistic is that in Kosovo 90% of the population is Muslim. So as we've been knocking on doors and street contacting a few people have asked me: "Why are you here? You know, all of us here are Muslim..." I tell them I'm here because I know that our message is true. I've been testifying of the Savior so much. It's pretty great. I'd like to share with you all a message on faith:

This past week I've been reading in Matthew. One of my all-time favorite events in Christ's lifetime is when he and Peter walk on water. A little background: Jesus is walking on the water towards his disciples who are on a ship. Peter climbs off the boat and tells Jesus he's going to walk to him. Then in Matt. 14:30-31 it reads, "But when he (Peter) saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"
Two things that I'd like to emphasize from these two verses: 1. Peter could literally see Jesus. He was standing right infront of him. 2. Peter was one of, if not THE strongest disciples Christ had. With these two things in mind, you would think Peter would have had enough faith to make it to Christ on the water. But he lacked still; the wind distracted him and he doubted he could do it. He began to sink. This brings me to the conclusion that yes, faith in Christ is extremely hard, it was for Peter and it will be for us. But luckily for us, Christ is always ready and willing to bring forth his hand to get us out of the water.

Just always remember.... faith and doubt cannot coexist! I have to remind myself of this constantly. When we do this, we will be able to press forward with more confidence in ourselves.

Shpresoj që ju do të keni një javë e mirë! Ju dua!

Motra Fulop <3

​Motra Henderson's BDAY so the elders made a cake and I made a crown for her <333

The district. I'm awkwardly in the E

Awesome member right here! B is going to be the first missionary from Kosovo!

No comments:

Post a Comment