Monday, May 9, 2016

Week Three


Happy Monday/ President's Day!

How was your week?! I hope it was a good one. I know it was for my family; they were in Orlando all week and judging from the pictures they had a blast. No more vacations while I'm gone, please :). So yeah I'm pretty jealous....but I know this is where I need to be right now!

Best part of the week: A cute senior couple sought me out on Thursday. (Senior couples are older missionaries that serve, usually after they retire.) Motra and Elder Collins are their names. They have been called to the Adriatic South mission as well. Motra Lyng and I had dinner with them a few times this week and taught them some basic Albanian because they were only assigned to be in the MTC for one week. Motra Collins gave us pink earrings for Valentine's day which was SO nice! They left for Albania today. I cannot wait to see them on the field. They said we are like their grandchildren <3.

Another highlight was that I got to go to Salt Lake City on Friday! All of the foreigners and their companions were invited, so Motra Lyng was my ticket to go haha. It felt pretty weird (and cool) to be out of the MTC bubble with my name tag on. We took a shuttle, train, and a trolley to get to temple square and everyone was really chatty with us. One couple asked for a picture with Motra Lyng and I which I thought was pretty funny. "They're REAL missionaries!" It kinda hit me right then that I'm a "real" missionary now, representing Christ all the time since his name is always over my heart. I have big shoes to fill. I will never fill the shoes, but I can try as hard as I can :).

This week I focused my scripture studies on Christ's teachings. This was one of my favorites - "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." - Matthew 16:25. Love this. So powerful!

Love you all,

Motra Fulop <333

No comments:

Post a Comment