Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 18: Patience & Healing & CASTLE.

Përshëndetja!

This one's going to be short! Today we went to Prizren and explored a cool, old castle that overlooked the city. But yeah since we did a lot of adventure-ing today I had to sacrifice some emailing time!

Something Kosovar: Motra Henderson were outside for a few hours, and it was pretty hot outside. Then we walked up 6 flights of stairs to our friend's apartment for a lesson. We were sweating pretty good but our friend S greeted us with fruit tea!  Apparently they drink tea year round here, even on the hottest day of the summer. I think it's pretty bizarre.

On Friday we got a call from one of our member friends, S, saying that she slipped and fell in her kitchen. She landed on her wrist pretty good. So we went over to her apartment and she was sitting on the sidewalk. Her wrist was super messed up and deformed looking. So we spent most of the day Friday in the ER with her. She'll need to get surgery for it and everything. We've been spending a good amount of time with her the past couple days as she sorts everything out for her surgery.

Last night we had a really good discussion with S about God's will. Many times we think, "Why me? Why would God let this happen to me?" But sometimes we need to be humbled in order to grow stronger. "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." - Ether 12:27 

Ju dua!

Motra Fulop xoxo

<333

Just Do It. Nike.

THANK YOU Abby and Lizzy for sending me these! I'm never taking them off
Exploring the ruins

PRIZREN

No comments:

Post a Comment