Monday, May 9, 2016

Week Six


Çkemi!

This has easily been THE busiest week here at the MTC. Time is flying and we only have two more weeks here!

First off, I got a second companion this week, Zuster Pond. I instantly became best friends with her in a matter of days and I selfishly didn't want her to leave, but her Visa arrived on Friday and now she's off to bigger and better things in the Netherlands!

Also, Motra Lyng had been having consistent, annoying headaches for the past seven weeks. On Tuesday we were at a devotional and within ten minutes of sitting she said she felt like she was going to pass out. So her, Zuster Pond, and I went outside to get some fresh air. Motra Lyng started crying and I felt so horrible like I couldn't do anything. Then I had the distinct impression to offer a prayer, so that's what I did. It was as if we were in our own little bubble. I prayed so hard and truly felt Heavenly Father's love for her. We were all a mess haha when others are emotional, I'm emotional. But I'm happy to report she's felt a lot better since!

On Wednesday we welcomed eleven new missionaries to our zone. They're training to go to the Belgium/Netherlands mission. Motra Lyng and I were pretty busy attending meetings, running interviews, and showing them around. They're awesome people!

Friday morning we had the opportunity to Skype call with Albanians (fellow Shqiptari's)! We talked with a girl named Reolda. It was so nice to get to know her (she goes to BYU-I woot woot) and learn more about Albanian culture. I was pretty surprised because I thought she'd talk really fast or have a strong accent I wouldn't understand but it was actually a confidence booster to talk with her and it made me SO excited to leave!

Yesterday in church, I was asked to give an impromptu talk. Our sacrament meetings are veery unique. Everyone in my branch prepares a talk and brings it to church. Then once we're sitting there the presidency calls 2-3 people up to share their talks. Well, yesterday they called me up first! So I gave a talk about faith in Jesus Christ... in Albanian! It was a really cool experience to testify and teach in my new language to the congregation. I couldn't imagine being able to do that seven weeks ago. I'm constantly in awe of what Heavenly Father can help us to accomplish.

Ju dua,

Motra Fulop

No comments:

Post a Comment