Friday, June 2, 2017

Week 70: Prayer Really Works

Përshëndetja!

We did a lot of out-of-the-norm service projects this week. Wednesday morning we drove to a member's house to clear out his garden. He lost the key for a few years so the garden was untouched for a long time and needed a lot of work. As he slid open the gate he said, "I hope you aren't afraid of snakes!" Luckily I didn't see any snakes but I DID see an earthworm as long as my forearm and some bright, speckle-y, poisonous spiders. That was creepy. Thursday morning we went to a foster home for mentally disabled children called Qendra Lira. We brought supplies and made pinwheels with a class of kids! Friday we got a call from one of our members and she was crying and crying and crying. Her grandmother had just passed away. Her husband was in Greece and it was too late in the evening for her to catch a bus to the village where her family was gathering for the funeral. So we called the sisters in a neighboring city, Elbasan, and arranged an emergency exchange. We were able to drive the member straight to her grandma's village. It all worked out perfectly. I stayed in Elbasan for 24 hours with Motra Miles! It was very last minute but we knew God had made it happen!

We were teaching our friend B the other day when in the middle of the lesson his son O hopped up from the couch and started praying. O is 9-years-old and is highly functioning Autistic. He folded his arms, closed his eyes, and kept saying over and over again, "Father bless mother bless God bless sisters bless". It really touched me because O usually doesn't speak at all so when he started praying out of nowhere it really surprised me! B said that he started doing as we had invited him to - to do family prayers every night before they put the kids to bed. I was so impressed and grateful for his efforts to teach his family how to pray.

Motra Godfrey and I did a special fast this week for some less actives. They ALL came to church yesterday! We were sitting in church yesterday and could hardly believe it. It was clear that our prayers and fasting were answered! I know that prayer WORKS. We cannot stop praying. I am never, ever, going to let myself get into the habit of saying short, hasty prayers because when we pray sincerely, God will without a doubt answer us.

 "And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens." (Enos 1:4).

Love you loads! Kaloni bukur!

Motra Follëp

P.S. Today we went to Apollonia so that's all my pictures for this week :).


​The best district in the ASM.
​These ruins have been here since 600 BC!

There were turtles everywhere. I wasn't mad they were soooo cute!

​Sitting on the cool theatre steps.

​Albanian word of the week: "Flok sheqeri." Translation: cotton candy.... Direct translation: sugar hair!

​Bud and I.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment