Thursday, June 29, 2017

Week 74: The Best Eighteen Months!

Përshëndetje!

Well.... this is it! It still hasn't really hit yet, that my mission is ending. I don't think it really WILL sink in until I'm on the plane on Thursday. Right now I'm dripping in sweat at a little internet cafe in Berat. A week from today I'll be back with my family celebrating the Fourth of July (my favorite holiday to boot)! Enough of that though... it was an awesome last week on the field!

We met an amazing lady named A on the bus a week ago. She's deaf and mute so she understands us in our lessons by looking at our mouths, hand motions, and writing. A is so positive and always smiling. I learned a lot from her in the past week after meeting with her every day. She accepted a baptismal date and I'm really hopeful for her. She came to church yesterday and two of our sweet members, A and A, wrote down all of the talks for her as they were talking in sacrament meeting so that she could understand. It was a blessing to meet A at the tail end of my mission.

Besides that, we did some cleaned up a plot of land for a member and taught a billion and one lessons. We did a lot of running around so that I could say goodbye to everyone.

It has been a privilege to serve the Lord. I can't express how much this time has meant to me. The past eighteen months have been the hardest yet best, most rewarding months of my life. I've never been happier. It will sting to take off my name tag on Thursday. It may mark the end of my mission but it will certainly only mark the beginning of a life-time of devoted discipleship to the Lord. I'm hopeful and excited for things to come.

I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I know that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the word of God. I know that we are led by prophets, seers, and revelators today. I know that Christ lives. I've seen Him in the eyes of my friends as they've testified that the things we've taught them are true. I've seen His footsteps in a man that walked three hours in the mountains to go to church. I've heard his voice in the prayer of a humble seeker of truth. I've felt his angels round about me, lifting me up and helping me to overcome my weaknesses and proclaim his gospel - all in order to accomplish His marvelous work.

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." - Alma 26:12.

I'm thankful for the miracles I've witnessed in Albania and Kosovo. Along with Alma I, too, will praise the Lord forever.

See you soon! Ju dua!

Motra Follëp


 
​Last district meeting!


​We had a birthday party for a few of our members.

Mama and President Xhindi gifted me this! <333

​This is Antoneta, her daughter, and Aida!

The elders had a baptism on Saturday!​

​Motra Follëp Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment