Saturday, October 1, 2016

Week 34: Transfer Madness!

Ç'kemi!! Si jeni?!

It's been another fun week in Tirana! We got a call from president on Friday night and I've been called to stay here. I'll be training a "fringo fare" aka new greenie missionary from America. It'll definitely be an adventure especially because she won't know much Albanian but I'm pretty confident we'll be able to get around just fine. I'm sooo excited for some new "green blood" because there is so much work to be done here! The past week Motra Lyng has been showing me around the area and I've been able to meet the members,and holy cow, the members here are amazing. I'm soooo happy to be staying here with these people!

Something marvelous: We've been continuing to teach our friend F at her fruit stand. She's the sweetest. Her biggest roadblock since the beginning has been for her to come to church because she needs someone at her fruit stand all the time. But her faith has been growing every time we meet with her; the spirit is stronger than I've felt in many other lessons. Then yesterday morning I called her asking if we could come pick her up for church. She said she really wanted to come so she got her daughter to man the fruit stand and she walked to church with us. I was so thankful for her sacrifice to come to church! It's so cool to see the gospel soften and change hearts.

I went on another exchange this week and a missionary shared this quote with me - I love it! "The Lord works from the inside out. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of the people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature.... yes, Christ changes men, and changed men can change the world." -Ezra Taft Benson

Ju dua shume keni nje jave shume e bukur! Zoti qofte me ju!

Motra Fulop 
Thanks for the package madre!!! I loved the Megpie :)

Yup we had to.

Almost...JUST almost as good as my favorite Cali Pizza Kitchen barbecue chicken pizza.

CHOW CHOW I'm gonna die.




No comments:

Post a Comment