Thursday, October 6, 2016

Week 35: Frozen Pizzas and Sardines and I GOTTA BABY

Ç'kemi! Si jeni??

It's been another great week! It really flew by because we have been so busy. I LOVE the work that we have here in Tirana - there is never a dull moment! Our progressing investigator, F, came to church all three hours yesterday and she loved all of it. Our lessons with her in her fruit stand have been so spiritually uplifting - they're the highlight of my week. She's literally my Albanian mom. We were also tracting last Monday and I started talking to a girl named E. She came for a lesson the next night and then Wednesday night she came again and asked if she could get baptized - before we even got the chance to ask! Talk about prepared people ready for our message!

Frozen Pizzas - I moved yet again into a new apartment and our oven is broken but we bought these beautiful looking frozen pizzas sooo we did the next logical thing and stuffed them in the microwave. The cheese was still rock hard by the end but we ate them and... they were edible I'll just leave it at that.

Sardines - We use the buses here a lot in the city and sometimes they are CRAZY packed - we are packed like sardines and it's pretty uncomfortable. I think I need to repent after getting out of the bus I'm squished between so many people. And the other day I was pushed right where the door was closing and it shut close right on my bag strap so my bag was hanging out the door and I was completely smashed against the door. Fun times.

I GOTTA BABY -  I got a new companion this week. Motra Holt! She's from Sandy, Utah, and she's the coolest daughter I could have ever asked for. She's considered my "daughter" because she's my first trainee fresh from America. We're having a lot of fun together and God has really been blessing us with great experiences and opportunities to teach - I think It's been a great kick-off for Motra Holt at the beginning of her mission! The greenie fire in our companionship is working miracles!

Lastly, I gotta say the gift of tongues is real! I was really worried about training because I didn't think my Albanian would be good enough to lead everything, but it's proven to be okay. My mission president promised me the Lord would bless me with understanding for everything I need to understand - I can't deny it he was completely right when he promised that.

Spiritual thought: One of my favorite scriptures, Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Ju dua! Have a great week as always.

Motra Fulop :)


DAUGHTER AND I

View from my new apartment - I'll never get tired of seeing the mountains
Motra Lyng and Gjonca were sent back up to Kosovo :)

​We went bowling today so naturally I had to get an awk pic
 

No comments:

Post a Comment