Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 38: Climbing Mountains!

Pershendetja!

Sooo I don't know how many of you still read these but if you do I hope you're able to get something out of them! :) This week has been great as usual. There's a lot I could share about this week but I would just like to share one stand-out experience that really strengthened my testimony:

I went on an exchange on Wednesday and we visited with a less active member named E. She had Schizophrenia and I'd never met someone with this mental illness before so I didn't know what to expect. During the whole lesson half the time she was talking to us and half the time she was unfocused and talking to someone else that she thought was in the room. She said that she could barely read the Book of Mormon because she couldn't focus; other thoughts would always flood in and it was seemingly impossible for her to read. E was very frustrated with her life, her friends, family, the economy... the world. As she was entrusting us with all of her problems and disappointments and concerns a scripture popped into my head, clear as a bell: Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. - John 14:27. No scripture has ever popped into my head as distinctly as this one had to me at the time.

I'd like to testify that there are no coincidences in God's timetable that we are in. I know that I needed to be with E at that moment - He was aware of that situation and brought that scripture to my remembrance! I've unfortunately met a lot of broken people here on my mission but I know that with the scriptures, knowledge, and hope we have of our Savior we can all be healed.

Kalofsh shume bukur kete jave!

Motra Fulop

P.S. I hit my half-way mark this week, I only have 9 more months left on my mission!
Yeah I brought a pear and it was really messy. Not a good gondola snack

One of my favorite members, J! We went to her her village this week

J and M.. faves

The long anticipated gondola ride





No comments:

Post a Comment