Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Week 54: We Are the Clay

Tungjatjeta!

I got a new companion this week, Motra Godfrey, from Mesa, AZ. One of the assistants to the mission president told us we were put together because I quote we're "the most basic sisters in the mission." I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Whatever.. we fan girled about One Direction for a solid hour - I think we make a great team. For P-day today we moved across town - it took us a good six hours but it's worth it because now we're in a brand spankin new apartment!

This week was a good one! The highlight was S's baptism on Saturday. We held the service on the riverside and it was beautiful! I'm so excited for S to have this fresh, new start in her life as the newest member of the Berat branch.

We also had a few great lessons with our friend M and currently we've been teaching her the commandments and every time she accepts to keep them with no questions asked. She is so prepared and willing to follow the commandments so that she can live a healthier, fuller life! It has been a real testimony builder for me to witness M change so many aspects of her life for the sake of the Gospel!

One of our friends from church also brought us to a family's home one evening and we've been teaching them ever since! The mom's name is A and she loves Christ so much. We brought the Restoration video over to their home the other night and they loved it.

We've been meeting with a less-active member family every week since I've been here and they'd never made it to church (apparently they hadn't been for four months)- until yesterday when the mom came! I was so excited to see her come into the door in sacrament meeting. I learned an important lesson that I should never "give up" on our friends but keep showing them love and serving them.

Throughout my mission but especially this week I've been privileged to witness people change for better. I know that if we let Christ into our lives, we will be molded into the people that He needs us to be. We are our best selves when we live the principles of the Gospel. I love the words in Isaiah 64:8 - "But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand."

Kalofsh shumë bukur!

Motra Follëp
 
I received enough chocolate to hold me the rest of my mission - THANK YOU Vialla Fam!

It was a little dirty.

This is our investigator M and her adorable granddaughter N who thought she was at the beach she started making sand castles.

The water was FREEZING but so clear!

Motra Godfrey, S, and I!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment