Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Week 56: Lamb Brains Yummy Yummy

Përshëndetja!

My stomach is still churning from lunch... we went to a traditional restaurant and the elders ordered us a big plate of "the best chicken in Berat" but after the first bite Motra Godfrey and I could tell it definitely wasn't your average chicken.. after prodding the elders a bit they confessed that it was lamb brains. Yuck!

As for this week.. we were out on the streets trying to find more people to teach. Tender mercy the weather has been around 60 so I can't complain. On Saturday we didn't have any lessons so that morning we planned to walk from one side of Berat to the other and made the goal to talk to EVERY woman we passed. For every woman we didn't greet we had to do a push up for them that night. I was pretty sore after that night... just kidding we did well with our goal!

We have a member named A who has a son named P. He will turn eight in June and wants to be baptized but since there isn't a set Primary class to prepare him for it we have started going over to their house to start preparing him. We had our first lesson with him last week and gave him his own Book of Mormon. A few days later A told us that P never let go of the book! He found a little satchel and brought the BOM with him to school and everywhere he went. I love that kid!

Food for thought: Last week Maddie sent me a quote from Mother Teresa that I really love. "I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much." Whatever we are given in life is for our own good; he entrusts us with hardships, challenges, etc. because He knows that we will be made stronger through them. So, as my mom has always said.... "Let Go and Let God."

Keni një javë te bukur ju dua!

Motra Follëp :)
 
Here's what you'll find in any public restroom... a Turkish toilet. This is the cleanest one I've ever seen. You're welcome

We had to go on an impromptu road trip to Tirana. We caught the policia tag teaming it!

We made these little chocolate guys with a note for our English class: "...I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear." - Moroni 8:16

Usual hiking shenanigans

For branch activity we went hiking!

Today we went exploring in Osumi canyons, more pictures to come. The guy in the middle is Flamur (translation "Flag"), our super cool taxi driver!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment