Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 30: BUBUSHFABA

Pershendetja!

First I'll explain my subject line. "Bubushfaba" is cockroach in Albanian Gheg. This is my new favorite word. There are quite a few cockroaches in our apartment right now so lately we've been running around our apartment yelling BUBUSHFABA and smacking them with our flip flops. Random I know but there's your Albanian word for the week!

Funny story: So we were cleaning the church on Saturday, like we do every week. I decided to clean the balcony outside to wipe down the windows. Our senior couple, the Larson's, had a special key and they unlocked the door for me so I could get out onto the balcony. After the Larson's unlocked the door they got in there car and drove away. So I was outside minding my business wiping down the windows and some elders came up to the balcony doors from the inside of the church. They started messing with the lock and joking around until... yup they locked me out! Luckily I was only stuck on the balcony for 20 min, they got the Larson's to drive back to the church to free me :).

Something Marvelous: We taught our friend D this week. She wants to be baptized but she really struggles with coming to church because she has work every Sunday. So we read some scriptures out of the Book of Mormon to try to help her with her problem. After reading the scriptures she felt a lot better about it and committed to pray about this roadblock that she's facing. It was amazing to see her faith in the scriptures. She truly took them to heart. As a mission we've really been focusing on the Book of Mormon and it's importance in our teaching efforts. I know that the Book of Mormon along with the spirit is the most powerful converting tool that we have. Along with Elder Holland I know that "No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it.... unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so." I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and therefore I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, this gospel is true, and we have a living-day prophet directing the church today! 

Love you guys and have a great week!

Motra Fulop 

P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little bro Scott. 13?!?! Can't believe he'll be a teenager!
 
Matching sweaters with fave

Had a fun lunch with a cute family. Not sure if you can really see them put they're waving to us on one of the balconies

My daughter is rad

I swear we aren't always matching

Late tribute to ​Motra Henderson aka my mission mama who flew back to America!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment