Friday, August 5, 2016

Week 26: Afer Deti, Afer Mbreti (Close to the Sea, Close to the Kingdom)

Ç'kemi!

So this week I switched companions and now I'm with another Albanian mini missionary named Motra Qefalia. It's been very interesting because she doesn't know English so we're communicating 24/7 with a mixture of Albanian and sign language. It's tough but fun fact she's only been a member of the church for five months so her testimony and her prayers are the most sincere, ever!

This week we've been meeting with a lot of less actives and recent converts. When we've been in the lessons I've been praying for the Holy Ghost to be with me to help me to know what to say because I really want to know and love these people but it's hard with the language barrier. So I've been focusing hard on what God wants me to say. It's been really good. We had one lesson at the R family's and we planned to talk to them about keeping the Sabbath Day holy but once we got there, I really felt impressed that we needed to remind them that they were children of God. So we had a lesson and read the lyrics to "I Am A Child of God". The spirit was there so strongly. They came to church on Sunday! :)

Love you all, have a great week!

Motra Fulop 

"Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given to you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man. " D&C 84:85

Motra Qefalia and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment