Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 29: Prishtina Babyyyy

Pershendetja!

How is everyone?? This week has been a lot of adjustments and change, once again! I made the "big leap" from Vlore, the southernmost city in the mission, to Prishtina, the northernmost city! I switched companions in Tirana and now I'm with another Albanian companion, Motra Gjika! She's soooo cute and funny we get along so well. We're already best friends. But yeahhhh I got permission to drive from Tirana to Prishtina on Wednesday and I was freaking out a little driving through the border control and having to speak Albanian to them. But it all worked out and I drove through the crazy cities! Nailed it.

Something Kosovar: Now we're back in Prishtina and it's crazy how different the work is here from Vlore. I've heard the statistic is that 97% of the people here are Muslim. So I'm back to hearing the call to prayer three times a day which is fun. We got up here and we're starting with a clean slate because the investigators were not progressing. That means.... tracting, tracting, tracting! We were knocking on doors for a good 5 hours on Saturday. But Motra Gjika and I make little games out of it and try to make it fun. So now we're just working on getting a new pool of investigators. 

Something funny: Whenever we're street contacting people come up to me and start speaking German! It happened three times this weekend. People on the streets automatically assume that I'm German because I'm paler than everyone else haha. White girl problems. I try to pull out the little German I remember from highschool but it only lasts like 30 seconds before I blow my cover.

Something marvelous: We had a training with President Weidmann on Wednesday and he committed us to study the Atonement everyday and focus on the strength we can receive from the knowledge we have of the Atonement. I've been thinking a lot about this a lot the past couple days because I've been thinking.... 5 years ago I would've never, in a million years, imagined myself on the streets of Kosovo talking to random people and testifying everyday. I still can't believe I'm doing this. But I'm doing it because the Atonement of Jesus Christ has changed my life. I have received so much direction and peace in my life because of this knowledge. So I'm taking advantage of this opportunity! I challenge you all to think about how the Atonement has changed your lives personally and how you've been strengthened because of it!

Big love! Have a great week!

Motra Fulop

P.S. Attaching photos from Vlore and Saranda because I didn't get the chance last week
 
We made it to SARANDA - close to Greece

Porto Palermo - super cool castle we visited at sunrise!

Blue Eye - hiked here and it was super clear water

District goalz

L! She'll get baptized this weekend <3

A and I!!!! Love this girl sososo much

Amazing breakfast
Kitty kitty so cute
 

No comments:

Post a Comment