Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Week 21: Call Us Street Rats

Përshëndetjaaaa how is everyone?!

Sorry I don't have much time to email today! We had a lot of random stuff we needed to get done. 

It's bee rough recently because of Ramadan. We barely get any lessons. We'll plan for a couple each day but they always no-show. So Motra Henderson and I have been street contacting a lot. We used to always stay together as a pair, pull people aside, and talk to the people on the street together. But now that I'm almost finished my training transfer we split off, meaning we stand on opposite sides of the sidewalk so we can get double the work done (but no worries mom we're still within sight/hearing of each other). This is a big hurtle I'm trying to overcome. I'm not the most outgoing person ever and now I have to try to pull people aside on the road and carry out a meaningful, spiritual conversation with them. I had a really bad attitude about it the first two days this week. I just wanted to go back and stand with Motra Henderson again, where it was much easier. But then I read this scripture.... "And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel with the voice of a trump,both day and night. And I will give him strength such as is not known among men." - D&C 24:12. This scripture inspired me. I felt like it was talking directly to me. I felt empowered after reading it and I've had more success on the street since.

This is my last week as a greenie! This weekend we'll get transfer calls and I'll see if I'm staying in Prishtina or heading somewhere else. 'Till next week. I'll keep you updated!

Dashuri nga Kosova,

Motra Fulop
 
Went to mission conference in Tirana and got to spend a night with MOTRA LYNGGGG

Traditional food. All this only cost me 4 Euro!

Our friend S moved back to Colorado last week :(
 

No comments:

Post a Comment