Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 19: Ramadan & Exchanges & A Baptism

Përshendetja!

Holy cow this has been the. craziest. week. Our friend S has been in the hospital because she had to get wrist surgery so Motra Henderson and I have been frequenting the hospital to keep her company. Then Wednesday I went on my first exchange which was a lot of fun. I went to Gjakova for the day and it was nice to get out of the city. We went knocking on doors and the first five doors no one answered... but then the sixth a lady answered and she was the nicest ever! We asked if she had time for a message and she quickly let us in. Her and her daughter were the sweetest and really receptive to the gospel! I saw true potential in them. I was pretty happy about that because we rarely are let into people's homes. 

Also we got new neighbors, the Larsons! They're a senior missionary couple and they moved in above our apartment so we've been helping them get settled in. I'm so excited to have them here. They came Friday evening after a 7 hour drive from southern Albania and Elder Larson hopped right into a volleyball game we were having with some investigators. Mind you he's in his 60's but he was killin it. They're going to be a huge help to the church here.

Kosovar things... Ramadan started last Sunday. Everyone fasts from around 2am to 8pm every day and they'll keep it up for the next month. The streets are a lot emptier now and It's pretty tough for us as missionaries because a lot of people aren't as receptive to the gospel now. Like Motra Henderson and I had a few pretty solid investigators but now they say they can't meet with us again until Ramadan is over. Also Albania is in the Euro Cup for the first time so everyone is freaking out about that. We have to avoid the streets because people go nuts over soccer. 

Highlight of the week/my life: B got baptized on Saturday!!! It was amazing. I feel so lucky to have been able to teach her and witness her conversion. Yesterday in sacrament meeting she kept teasing me to go up to bear my testimony. When I told her she should do it she hopped up without hesitation and bore hers. I'm just so proud of her and more importantly I know her Heavenly Father is proud of her. This whole experience has strengthened my testimony so much. If B is the only person I see baptized on my mission, I'll be leaving my mission a happy camper.

I'd like to bear my witness along with Nephi that "this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God." (2 Nephi 31:21) 

Dashuri nga Kosovë,

Motra Fulop <3333
 
My people <333

We have the cutest students in English course

View from the apartment in Gjakova

Baptism!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment