Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 65: Another Transfer in Bae-rat

Përshendetja!

We didn't receive a transfer call so I'm staying in Berat! I'm so happy; I love it here. Motra Godfrey and I are having a lot of fun and we currently have a lot of friends to teach. This week was a pretty ordinary week - teaching lessons, tracting, etc. etc. but still a good one nonetheless. On Friday we did an exchange so I served with another sister, Motra Bland, for a day and she is probably THE SWEETEST person I've ever met.

One night we had a lesson with someone and I left the lesson very frustrated. This person never seemed to listen to a word I said and wasn't willing to change. That night I ranted about the person to Motra Godfrey and in my journal. Then the next morning as we were getting ready we were listening to a BYU speech and the speaker quoted the scripture, "if ye  have not charity, ye are nothing...". The words pierced me as I heard them. I realized that I was being selective to whom I had charity, which is not right... I need to have charity towards EVERY one. Since that little epiphany, I've been focusing and trying to develop the Christlike quality of charity. On Thursday we held English course and at the end for the spiritual thought I was impressed to share the Mormon message Enduring Love, which is a great example of selfless service and charity. Our students seemed to really like the video, and at the end of class one of the older men came up to me and said that he knew how the man in the video must have felt because he himself has been helping his paralyzed dad for the past eight years. He was very touched by the video and thanked us for watching it. I was so thankful that he shared his experience with me.

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all,.." -Moroni 7:46

Have a great week!

Motra Follëp


We took a road trip to Tirana because we lost our phone. Nice ride!

One of our friends gave us these smoothies -  apple, kiwi, carnation leaves, etc. etc. because she said it would make us skinnier

Just call me babagjyshi!

What happens when your comp is from Arizona. Motra Godfrey bought us a pet cactus!

Branch activity: volleyball. :)

We made a German pancake. Try this at home - they are so quick, funny looking, and good!

We upgraded to a flip phone!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment