Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 24: I Think We Found Paradise

Ç'kemi!

It's been a great week! Motra Milanj and I have been working really well together. I'm training her on missionary lyfe and she's training me on the area and language. I don't know if I mentioned this before... but the dialect between here and my last area in Kosovo are completely different. In Prishtina they spoke Gheg and here in Vlore they speak a dialect called Tosk. It's been quite the adjustment. I still feel like I don't understand people at all. But luckily my Albanian comp is a great help :).

This week we started meeting with a girl who was in our English course. She's a little crazy not going to lie. She brought her cat to church last week in a little grocery cart and she and the cat were robed in American flags. We had a few lessons with her this week but we'll see where it goes. It's an interesting situation. Also we've been meeting with the family of a missionary, Sister Ç. She's the only member in her family so we've been teaching her sister L and she's been taking the lessons well! 

We had a zone training this week and one of the things we were counseled that stuck out to me was that when we make goals, we need to pray and let God play a part in our goal setting. I applied this yesterday when we went tracting. Before we left the house, I prayed that we would find one person that was prepared to hear our message. We knocked on a ton of doors and they were meaner than I've ever witnessed before.... one grumpy nene (grandma) threatened to throw us down the staircase because we knocked on her door. We tracted about five buildings and didn't get a single number. It was starting to get dark and we decided to do one more building. We tracted it top floor to the bottom. The last door.... success! The girl that answered was interested and gave us her number! I really believe that she was that "one soul" that I had prayed to find. That experience strengthened my testimony that God has the elect prepared and waiting for me but I need to do my part and show Him my faith by knocking on every door and enduring the hardships to find them.  I think that this principle can be applied in many aspects of our lives. I hope you can apply it to yours!

Have a great week! 

Motra Fulop xoxo
 
And from my BFF Maddie.... THANK YOU I LOVE THIS

...yeah I think we found paradise today

Look what I got in the mail?! THANKS ABBY! I put this up next to my bed :)

We went to the prettiest beach today! near Dhermi

Comp retreat was a success

So pretty can't even

Cool shot with an old Greek Orthodox church
​bukur
 

No comments:

Post a Comment