Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Week 23: Miresevini to Vlore!

Mire ditaaaa how is everyone??

This has been a week of adjustments! So Monday we drove down to Tirana where I switched companions. I had to say goodbye to my trainer aka mission "mom" Motra Henderson - crying - but I got a new comp named Sister Milanj! She's Albanian and she speaks English perfectly. She's a "mini missionary" so I'm training her for the next six weeks, showing her what missionary life is like! It's pretty weird that the tables turned so quickly - just last week I was getting trained - but we're having a lot of fun together.

Anyway we ended up staying in Tirana most of the week so that I could get legal in Albania. Then Thursday we took a bus to Vlore... and holy cow it is SO pretty down here! I'm loving it. I can see the beach from our balcony. One bummer though is that someone in our building isn't paying their rent... so instead of evicting them the landlord has turned off the elevator until they pay. Not very fun for us because we're on the 9th floor and it is hotttt. Nese...

My first day here we had a great lesson with a girl named S. She seems really prepared! We got her on a baptismal date. There is so much work here to be done. I'm just getting my feet wet... I'll have more to report next week. 

I've been reading in the New Testament lately and these verses really stood out to me this week:
"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."Matthew 11:28-30 

Christ has given me the strength to bear my burdens with ease. I have been called to do hard work. I can only successfully do it by relying on Christ. I know that no matter the task we are given, no matter how hard it may seem, God provides a way for us to accomplish it. He plays a part in every aspect; we just need to recognize His hand and "learn of him".

Ju dua! Have a great week!

Motra Fulop
 
Frands. Motra Milanj is the second from the left

Volleyball and frisbee playin


Beaching. Kills me that I can't stick my feet in the water.

Purty

Mom and I at the mission office
 

No comments:

Post a Comment