Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week 58: Castle Conversion

Ç'kemi!

So much happened this week... yet per usual as soon as I sit down in front of the computer it's all gone! Let's see...

We had a lesson in the castle, that was pretty neat. We had a great lesson and return appointment plus talked with a couple other interested people there. We will keep taking the trek up there every week to teach a few of our friends!

We had stake conference and mission conference on Sunday and Monday. They were so so amazing. At stake conference I saw a lot of my friends from the past areas I've served -Prishtina, Tirana, and Vlore. It was a little sad knowing that it was the last time I'll see many of them, but still, so nice! Mission conference was amazing, a member of the Area Seventy, Elder Mereiro from Portugal, came to train us. It was dead silent as we listened to him and the spirit was so strong. It was a really cool experience and a day in my mission I'll never forget.

As for the missionary work, we've been meeting with our friend X a lot; she's a nene in her late 60's. She is reading and praying and it is neat to witness the change in her lesson-to-lesson. At the beginning she was a very sad woman because of the death that she experienced in her family, but as she's been learning and finding truth in the scriptures her heart has been softening and her hope growing.

It was funny, yesterday we brought one of the members, Mama Xhindi, with us to X's home for a lesson. Mama Xhindi is the branch president's mom. She's in her 60's. When we got to X's gate, Mama Xhindi swung it open and called out "OH X??" She is a sprite little nene. Sometimes I think she has more energy than me.

The transfer is coming to a close this week so I've been reflecting on what I've learned these past three months in Berat. One of the main lessons I've learned is that God is in the details. Before I didn't notice the hand of the Lord as much as I should have in this work. But obviously, His hand will be in the work because this IS His work - not mine. As I pray in the evening I try to humble myself and really focus on all of the things the Lord brought to pass throughout the day. I feel so blessed and privileged to be apart of His great work - "For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."- Moses 1:39

Thanks for all your encouragement and emails as always. Të dua!

Motra Follëp

We cleaned a section of the river and played soccer for the branch activity this weekend.

"Kujdes Nga" - "Have Caution". Dead. The dog was so nice.​

Stake conference with the Tirana ladies!​

Us in Durres!

We found a cute new restaurant to try today.

Jerry ate lunch with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment