Friday, January 20, 2017

Week 50: Berat is ON FIRE!

Ç'kemi!

All of our efforts seemed to have paid off this week, the work suddenly exploded and Motra Suckow and I are pumped!

We started meeting two new friends this week, S and M. S's brother is a member so she began coming to church and was interested in the lessons - she basically memorized the restoration pamphlet and recited it to us in the second lesson. She's so smart and loves the gospel already. Then we found M street contacting and she is SO prepared - we call her a golden investigator! M had no background with religion so for our first lesson all of the information was very new to her. We taught her simply and showed her how to pray. At the end we asked her to say a prayer and it was the most sincere, heartfelt first prayer I'd ever heard. The spirit was in the room so strongly and we all felt it. It was the best first lesson I've had on my mission. We've had several lessons with M already and she came to church on Sunday with her four-year-old daughter, E :). Something funny E had never seen snow before so she kept saying it was sugar.

School was out all week because there are no heaters and it has been so cold they prolonged their winter break. We've been told that it hasn't been this cold in Albania for over forty years so no one was prepared. Consequentially we were out of water for a total of five days... luckily we were able to drive to the senior couple's home to shower and do the dishes!

We have been challenged by our mission president to read the Book of Mormon in a month and it's been pretty cool to get a big picture of everything. One theme I've really noticed this time reading is the pride cycle. Consequentially I've been thinking about pride vs. humility and how I can be more humble. My favorite prophet, Ammon, exclaims in Alma 26:12,"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things." I love his perfect example of sincere humility!

Have a great week, ju dua shume!

Motra Fulop


The cool kid table
I went on an exchange in Elbasan and the view from their apartment was beautiful!

Our mission president and wife, the Weidmann's, came for the weekend - we had interviews and a nice lunch!

There are 46 churches in the castle and a village.

This is the most random pic I love it. Today we explored some of the castle ruins!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment