Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 40: Many Miracles & Changed Hearts

Ç'kemi!!

We've been busy this week, which is always a good sign as a missionary! A few of the highlights...

We've been continuing to teach our friend, E, and she's amazing! She has now made it a priority to come to church every week. She's in her 60's and she walks an hour to get to church! Also she's introduced us to her granddaughter, A, who's 11. It's pretty fun to be teaching her. I was thinking about it the other day, and it's like the roles have switched. I remember when I was around her age learning from the missionaries!

We watched 17 Miracles Friday night which was amazing! It's a movie about the Mormon pioneers crossing the country to settle in Salt Lake City. All of the women sitting around me were commenting and laughing and balling. Albanians have very loud personalities; I've come to love it.

Something funny: Everyone thinks that Motra Holt, my companion, is Albanian! Apparently she looks like it. Anyway I usually start off conversations with people on the street but they can tell right off the bat that I'm not Albanian so they look to Motra Holt to start talking. Motra Holt gets a little panicked (remember she's only been out a month) and then they realize we're both foreigners. I like this pattern though because it's giving her a chance to talk!

Something marvelous: We were walking to a lesson on Friday and we decided to stop by our friend, F's, little food cart for a short lesson. We emphasized church attendance and how it's a commandment of God. She said that it was impossible because she can't use her right leg; it'd be really hard for her to walk from the bus to church. Then we read with her 3 Nephi 17:7 - "Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy." This really touched her! She said that she will try her hardest to make it to church. Her heart was completely changed from the beginning of our conversation.

That's all I got for this week! Ju dua shume kalofsh shume mire!

Motra Fulop


The struggle. I had fun zipping around with this penguin thingy.

We went ice skating today and the rink was completely empty :).

We got a little ahead of ourselves and decorated our apartment for Christmas already....

Fun exchanges with Motra Risk!

We need help.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment