Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 32: Dogs, Durres and... Moving Again?!

Pershendetjaaa

This week has been pretty crazy... but what else is new. First I'll explain the dog part. There are street dogs chillin around Prishtina and there was a new one I hadn't seen on our street before this week. He looked so cute, like a lab puppy. So as we were walking past I was looking at him and we made eye contact... It's not good to make eye contact with the street dogs. He ran right up to me and started nipping my skirt and we were playing tug-of-war with my skirt until he ripped a nice, fat hole in it. Wahhhh.

Today is Bajram which is a huge Muslim holiday so there are literally no people on the streets and all of the stores are closed. It's comparable to Christmas evening when there are no cars, no nothing outside. But since it's our break day today it's allll good the work will continue tomorrow.

What else... this week Motra Gjika and I were stood up one too many times! We had a lot of first lessons planned but we would wait and wait for these people and they didn't show. That's missionary life for ya though. We had one great lesson with B though, she's a college student here. We called her because she's actually not in Prishtina now but we talked about the Book of Mormon and how she can apply what she reads into her life. She was so glad that we called!

Yesterday we had stake conference in Durres which was so nice! Everyone in Albania and Kosovo gathered there for a big church service; they had two sessions and I got a better idea of how many members are in the area. There are a ton of saints here; really cool to witness!

I've been reading "Our Heritage" in the mornings which is a book about the history of the establishment of the church; how the pioneers moved from New York to Salt Lake City and everything they had to sacrifice and go through. It's really eye opening... all of the trials and amazing faith that they had. There are so many horrible things that happened but so many miracles as well. Reflecting on this, I'm realizing how many of the Albanians here are like pioneers. A lot of them are the first members in their families. Three of my Albanian companions that I've had now are the only members in their families. But because of it their testimonies are so strong! I feel so inspired everyday as I not only read about, but work with amazing, faithful people that put their lives in God's hands. They make me want to be better!

Until next week... dashuri nga Kosove!

Motra Fulop <333

P.S. I'm moving to Tirana, the capital of Albania, on Tuesday! We got a last minute call from President the other night. I'm getting moved around a lot lately because we barely have any sisters... only 11 in the mission right now. But guess who I'm going to be companions with again..... Motra Lyng (my MTC comp!) I'm pretty excited!

It was a 4 hour drive

Driving to Stake Conference in Durres

Church headquarters sent us a box of Books of Mormon with Albanian covers and Armenian writing inside.... woops.

Motra Ime <33

What all of the streets look like in Prishtina today

neWborn

Joe Biden was staying here a couple weeks ago! Crazy right?! It's only a five min walk from our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment